Food Jar Overnight Oats
You know what they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And when it’s made the night before, you can easily enjoy a bowl of overnight oats without ever turning on the stove. Add a Stanley twist, and you’ll free up some fridge space and save some time with this how-to that uses the Stanley Classic Legendary Food Jar + Spork to keep your oats cooking to the perfect texture while you snooze.
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of flake sea salt
21 grams steel-cut oats
237 ml unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon sweetener of choice (agave, honey, brown sugar, or maple syrup)
(optional) shot of bourbon
(optional) Toppings of choice: fresh or dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, etc
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt coconut oil.
- Next, add salt, spices, sweetener, almond milk (and optional bourbon), and stir to combine.
- Add steel-cut oats and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 2-3 minutes, and then turn off the heat.
- Pour oats into a Stanley Food Jar of your choice and let sit overnight for up to 10 hours.
- Enjoy in the morning! Top with fresh or dried fruit, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, honey, or whatever suits your tastes.